Representing Victims Of Workplace Disability Discrimination
Physical or mental disabilities hamper an individual’s lifestyle. If you have a physical or mental disability, you shouldn’t be forced to bear disability discrimination as a result. While state and federal law protects mentally and physically disabled workers, employers may still attempt to deny their disabled employees reasonable accommodation. The Belli Law Firm has represented numerous employees in a wide variety of disability discrimination cases.
Examples of disability discrimination may include:
- Failure to interview a disabled applicant due to the disability
- Denial of proper job training
- Equal pay refusal
- Unjustified reduction in hours
- Refusal to promote qualified employees
- Demotion of disabled employees without cause
- Denial of raises or bonuses due to an employee’s disability
- Failure to make reasonable accommodations to allow for medical or psychological treatment
- Failure to provide benefits received by others in the workplace
- Ongoing harassment by co-workers due to an employee’s disability
- Continual disparaging remarks about an employee’s disability
- Terminating an employee because of a disability
The law also requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Examples of reasonable accommodations include:
- Providing or creating an accessible work area
- Adjusting the employee’s work schedule to allow for doctor’s appointments
- Allowing qualified employees to take medical leave for treatment
Before disabled employees can file suit against employers for refusing to accommodate them, they must first speak with their supervisors to request accommodations. They must seek accommodations that would allow them to perform their duties or request a schedule change that would enable them to obtain medical care.
If an employer refuses to enter into such dialogue, this is a violation of the law.
Contact The Belli Law Firm
If you have suffered disability discrimination in the workplace, it is imperative to document the hardships you have experienced. Call the employment law attorneys at The Belli Law Firm today for a free initial consultation and a review of your case in our Mill Valley, California, office. Call us at 415-981-1850 or contact us here.
The lawyers at The Belli Law Firm will analyze the details of your case, providing an honest and thorough evaluation. When your employer violates your rights, we will fight for equal treatment and seek maximum compensation.
Disability discrimination matters are taken on contingency, and you will never be required to pay attorney’s fees unless we win the case.
The Belli Law Firm
Is an award-winning personal injury and employment law firm in Mill Valley, CA servicing the Bay Area and Northern California.
Monday – Friday
9am – 5pm
Free Legal Tips Blog
35 Miller Avenue, Suite 199
Mill Valley, CA 94941
3030 Bridgeway, Suite 109
Sausalito, CA 94965
West Hollywood Office
8340 Marmont Lane
West Hollywood, CA 90069
By Appointment Only
Phone & Fax
West Hollywood Office