Prevent Or Contest A Wrongful Termination
In California, both employees and employers may terminate their working relationship without cause. However, there are specific circumstances that will give rise to an action for wrongful termination. The Belli Law Firm represents clients who have suffered wrongful termination.
A termination is wrongful and unjust if it was based on any of the following:
- The employee’s age, gender, race, nationality, religion or sexuality
- The employee’s mental or physical disability or pregnancy
- The employee’s decision to take family or medical leave
- The employee’s report of fraudulent, unsafe or illegal activity on the part of the company or co-workers
- The employee filing for workers’ compensation due to a work-related injury
- The employee filing a complaint with any government agency (including the Department of Labor)
- The employee assisting in any government investigation pertaining to the company
If it can be demonstrated that an employer terminated employment for an unlawful reason, there may be grounds for a wrongful termination suit and potentially discrimination, violation of whistleblower protection laws and workplace retaliation suits.
Protecting Your Rights
As an employee, you have the right to be treated fairly by your employer. If you believe that your employer may have violated the law in its dealings with you, contact The Belli Law Firm to seek advice from an employment law professional. The Belli Law Firm is happy to meet with you one on one to discuss your case and provide you with guidance so that you can take measures to resolve your employment dispute.
Don’t be afraid to stand up for your rights as an employee. Call the employment lawyers at The Belli Law Firm today for a free initial consultation and a review of your case in our Mill Valley, California, office. Call us at 415-981-1850 or contact us here.
Wrongful termination matters are taken on contingency. If we do not obtain a settlement or verdict in your favor, you will not pay any attorney’s fees.
The Belli Law Firm
Monday – Friday
9am – 5pm
Free Legal Tips Blog
35 Miller Avenue, Suite 199
Mill Valley, CA 94941
3030 Bridgeway, Suite 109
Sausalito, CA 94965
West Hollywood Office
8340 Marmont Lane
West Hollywood, CA 90069
By Appointment Only