Location: Mill Valley, California
Email: Contact me here
Robert J.A. Fordiani (attorney and mediator) has represented plaintiffs for the past eight years. He focuses on employment and labor law (both individual and multi-plaintiff claims). Specifically, Mr. Fordiani has extensive experience in cases pertaining to discrimination, retaliation, and harassment under the Fair Employment and Housing Act of California.
Working alongside some of California’s most prominent employment and civil rights attorneys, Mr. Fordiani tenaciously advocates for his clients. He is adept at resolving intricate disputes through thorough analysis and calculated diplomacy. He has not only successfully represented clients in state and federal courts, but has also helped clients negotiate wage and hour misclassification claims with the California Department of Labor and Standards Enforcement.
In addition to being a litigator, Mr. Fordiani has been designated as a mediator by the University of California at Berkeley. An advocate for individual rights, Mr. Fordiani recently filed an amicus curiae brief on behalf of interested mediators with the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal. The particular case was Milhouse et al. v. Travelers Commercial Insurance Company, a case that may decide the admissibility of confidential settlement discussions at trial.
Northern California Super Lawyers included Mr. Fordiani in its 2015 “Rising Stars” list. To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger, or in practice for ten years or less. In addition to a general survey, an attorney-led research team reviews the credentials of potential candidates and assigns points based on a set of defined evaluation criteria. No more than 2.5% of attorneys statewide are named to the Rising Stars list.
Areas of Practice
- Harassment under the Fair Employment and Housing Act of California
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- B.S. – 1998
- Honors: Penn State Justice Association
- Major: Administration of Justice
- Milhouse et al. v. Travelers Commercial Insurance Company
Honors and Awards
- Included in the Rising Stars list by Northern California Super Lawyers
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of Justice (AAJ)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association (SFTLA)
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom (BALIF)